Thursday, June 26, 2008

How to Sync Outlook Contacts with Sprint Instinct

Simple Steps to Sync Outlook Contacts with Sprint Instinct:
  1. Enable Mobile Sync on your Sprint Instinct Phone (Go to Settings screen from the Main screen).
  2. Log in to your Sprint account on Sprint's website.
  3. Go to the link that says "My Online Tools".
  4. Then click on the link that says "Open Sprint Mobile Sync" and wait for it to load.
  5. Then click on "Download Desktop Sync " on the top right of this page.
  6. Click on Run to install it (or save and then install it).
  7. Now on your PC, go to Start --> All Programs -->Sprint Desktop Sync Settings and enter your sprint account information.
  8. Then run Start --> All Programs -->Sprint Desktop Sync Synchronize.
  9. This will upload your outlook contacts to Sprint's website (you can even set up a schedule).
  10. Go back to the Sprint web page in Step 4.
  11. Click on "Sync now!" at the bottom of this page.
  12. That's it!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I finally got it to sync today.
But it did not sync the addresses, Sprint Desktop sync apparently looks at the home address field only when syncing, and therefore none of my addresses moved over...as all addresses in Outlook default to Business address. GRRRRR.

Unknown said...

..

KansasCitySteve said...

I cannot seem to get the Desktop Sync software to install. It downloads ok, but when I run it, it says "Downloaded so far 0KB", and then stalls out.

Do you have any ideas???

Unknown said...

Hmmm worked fine on the download for me.
First you download what turns out to just be a link to the real file.
Then it d/loads a 6.2MB file that you can save or Run.

Unknown said...

Sprint Desktop Sync doesn't work for me. It tells me there's no internet connection. Funny, I just downloaded the software from the internet! Any ideas?

Unknown said...

Does it only sync contacts? I was hoping to get my appointments to carry over, but it doesn't seem to do that.

Vision said...

could not find My Online Tools

Anonymous said...

If you cannot find or do not see My Online Tools it's because your phone is not registered under your Sprint profile.

Sprint link explaining the process:
http://support.sprint.com/doc/sp11000.xml?&related=y&Referring%20Related%20DocID%20List%20Index=1&navtypeid=6&pagetypeid=7&prevPageIndex=5

Search in Older Posts