Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Details of what has changed in Sprint Instinct July update

Here are the details of what has changed according to InstinctAdmin at baw forum:

Sprint released an initial update to the Instinct today. This update will not change the behaviours of many of the applications. What it does is update the Samsung ROM - the base code that the applications run on - to prepare the device for application updates starting early in August. Some of the issues fixed include:
  • Elimination of issues by where data services are disabled without user preference
  • Elimination of NAI corruption upon provisioning if new NAI is shorter than the previous
  • Reflect reoccurring calendar appointments
  • Improved volume – Bluetooth headsets
  • Utilize saved pictures as background image
  • Reduce fluctuation in signal bar and other functions related to RF/Network quality
  • Eliminate “echo” on conference bridge

The application updates coming in August will make changes to Picture Mail, the web browser, Sprint TV, Sprint Navigation, Sprint Email, Sprint Music Store, Visual Voicemail, Mobile Sync and more. Today's update prepares the device for these updates.

And here is a teaser:

"And you are correct - it was mainly to the Samsung ROM. Application level fixes are coming in August. They're ready but not fully tested / certified. We want to make sure we aren't introducing any new bugs when we drop the app fixes.

Will England
Buzz About Wireless Admin
Sprint Nextel "

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what was added or fixed? An alert similar to a text messsage/voicemail when I get an email. I'm not sure if this is new but today for THE FIRST TIME (and I've had my email account set up on my phone for awhile) I got an alert of a new email and it showed up on my phone like a text/voicemail. Not sure if it made any sounds but it was there on the screen. *shrugs* First time I've seen that, lol.

Anonymous said...

That's not new. It's been alerting me every time I get a new email ever since I got this weeks ago.

Anonymous said...

I returned that piece of shit they call a phone. Glad I did, and never looking back.

Search in Older Posts