Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Software update for Sprint Instinct today - next one in 2 weeks

According to Will England (Admin of Buzz About Wireless), there will be two updates to Sprint Instinct software with one available today!

------------------
"There are two updates. One will fix the native software on the phone. That's available today. The second update will be in about two weeks that will update the third party applications to use the new features and changes pushed out today. Both updates will be over the air. There should be no reason to go to the store at all.

Will England
Buzz About Wireless Admin
Sprint Nextel"

----------------------

"I'm working with Doug to get a list of everything that was updated in this release - I should have that ready by the end of the day. Stay tuned!

Will England
Buzz About Wireless Admin
Sprint Nextel"

----------------------

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just did the update. It worked fine. I can't tell what's different though. I'm really eager to read the list of things they updated.

I am literally counting down the hours until the update for the third party software. I want apps.

Anonymous said...

I also wanted to state that I did the update using the button on the phone. It downloaded software and installed and restarted the phone just fine.

If I wasn't supposed to do this, please let me know.

Roadtrekkin RV Adventures said...

So far I can't see any difference. Browser still crashes on sites such as NYT.com. I'll be interested to see a list of fixes...

Anonymous said...

Sweet news. It seems like the second update is the one with the new features, I guess the first one is just some sort of prep work. Meh. I'll do it later. I hope they do fix the browser as well as the keyboard (and hey I'll welcome any other additions and fixes too!). As it stands, it does suck that I can't go to some websites, like my favorite art website because the phone will start crashing.

Search in Older Posts