Saturday, July 26, 2008

Steve Jobs calls NYT reporter about the rumors of his health

Source:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/26/business/26nocera.html?_r=1&bl&ex=1217217600&en=131a48fd2164e968&ei=5087%0A&oref=slogin

"... and much to my amazement — Mr. Jobs called me. “This is Steve Jobs,” he began. “You think I’m an arrogant [expletive] who thinks he’s above the law, and I think you’re a slime bucket who gets most of his facts wrong.”

...he said he wouldn’t talk if I insisted on an on-the-record conversation. So I agreed.

Because the conversation was off the record, I cannot disclose what Mr. Jobs told me... While his health problems amounted to a good deal more than “a common bug,” they weren’t life-threatening and he doesn’t have a recurrence of cancer. "

I think that someone's health is a private matter that they don't need to tell others about (as long as there is no serious issue that could cause billions of dollars of loss in shareholder value)

No comments:

Search in Older Posts