Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Streaming online TV, radio and Podcasts on Sprint Instinct using Orb

UPDATE:
Here are the instructions:
http://instinctbookmarks.blogspot.com/2008/09/streaming-media-on-sprint-instinct.html




I just tested online streaming TV and videos, streaming radio and podcasts on Sprint Instinct using Orb. You can even subscribe to podcasts using iTunes software on your PC and then stream them from your PC to Instinct via Orb. Here is orb's website:

http://www.orb.com/

I will post detailed instructions in a week or so, so be sure to check back later if you can't get it to work on your own.

It also has options to view Google video, Yahoo video, AOL video and Guba videos in addition to YouTube!

2 comments:

Kitster said...

I am looking forward to your instructions for ORB. I have it installed at home, but am still a little hinky on how to use it. The "Help" isn't very helpful at all.

One thing I really want it for is streaming online radio stations. I have looked through the offerings, and maybe there is a way to suggest additions to the stations.

What I am really waiting for is when I can use Opera Mini and utilize Moodio (m.moodio.fm). It looks very promising, but crashes Instincts native browser. Have you ever tried Moodio? Do you feel like trying it (by adding it to your list of web URLS)?

Thanks again,
Kitster

Me said...

Thanks for the tip. I tried registering from PC and then logging into http://m.moodio.fm from Instinct Browser but it gives access denied error on the login screen. I will try it again later. It wouldn't work with Opera Mini right now because of missing keyboard option. Your browser crash issue should be fixed in next Instinct software update (hopefully). I resolved mine using master reset (search this blog for "browser crash")

Search in Older Posts