Sunday, August 3, 2008

Update on Sprint Instinct's browser crash issue

Here are the latest responses on the Sprint Developer forum regarding the Instinct browser crash issue:

Raymond_Reeves_ADP

Subject:re: Instinct Browser Crash - Confirmed BUG
Date:2008-07-29 at 11:59 AM CDT

Bradskey, et al., This is to thank you for the information shared on this topic. We have been able to reproduce this issue and are looking to understand its source, which is the first step to developing an effective resolution. Due to the nature of these items, we do not presently have a timeline or more details to share but a commitment to address at the earliest. As always, we greatly appreciate your assistance and please feel free to continue voicing your experience and recommendations.

Saludos,
Raymond Reeves
Sprint ADP Team
---------------------------------------------------------------


Raymond_Reeves_ADP

Subject:re: Instinct Browser Crash - Confirmed BUG
Date:2008-07-29 at 05:49 PM CDT

All, As we research the replicated behavior, should you feel comfortable, please share in this thread the ESN for devices experiencing this issue. Again, we greatly appreciate your support in this effort.

Gracias,
Raymond Reeves
Sprint ADP Team

6 comments:

Tim Gier said...

Have you seen this post?

http://www.instinct-samsung.com/index.php/topic,2809.new.html#new

Me said...

Yes, these research findings were posted in Sprint developer forum.

Roadtrekkin RV Adventures said...

I just went through 5 levels of Tech Support with sprint over the browser crashes (by which time I had discovered on the forums that I was not alone) which resulted in the tech guy telling my that it was my phone and I should go exchange it. I walked into the sprint store and asked the guy in there for an exchange and he sounded surprised that I was having issues as 'no one else had reported anything'. I walked up to the display model, punched in NYT.com and sat back to watch the fireworks...

I didn't get to exchange my phone as none were in stock, but I figure that any exchange I make will probably have the same problem as mine, right?

Me said...

Yes. They all have this issue at the moment. If you use the browser enough, you will run into it. But I am glad that Sprint is aware of the issue now so they can fix it.

Anonymous said...

False. I have never had this issue, either prior to the udpate or post update.

I have attempted to crash my browser on multiple occasions, using every website that I can find in any of the forums that reportedly crash the Instinct's browser.

It does seem that while 'many' users have had this problem, there is quite a large number who have never had it at all. The difference is that most of those who haven't had problems aren't on the forums posting how they haven't had any problems, whereas those that have are actively out there seeking solutions, so we hear more from them.

Just a couple of things I'd like to see a few try is changing privacy mode in browser settings to ON, and trying to free up some in phone memory if possible (not memory on the micro SD card). Not saying that will fix anyone's problems, just wondering if this might help some out a little.

Me said...

I have tried changing all these browser settings without luck. A few people are suspecting that it could be due to bookmarks. So if you don't have enough bookmarks set up in your browser, try adding some sites. I remember, the first time this occured, my browser had reached the max. bookmarks allowed (can't remember how many, something like 20 bookmarks...)

Search in Older Posts