Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Businessweek on HTC Touch Diamond - "What were they thinking?"

According to businessweek's review:

"The HTC Touch Diamond from Sprint is a richly featured smartphone, thin and light, with a big and gorgeous display. And one feature so bad that it renders the Touch Diamond all but unusable.

It is almost impossible to type accurately enough for the software to divine your intentions, making typing an agony.
...
But wait, there's more. In critical situations, the keyboard often covers the text box in which you are trying to enter data.
"

So if you are exchanging your Instinct phone for Sprint HTC Touch Diamond, keep this in mind that if you type a lot, you might want to wait until the release of upcoming Sprint HTC Touch Pro (keyboard version) if you can handle a fat phone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find it very easy to type on the Sprint HTC Diamond. The keyboard does sometimes hide the screen but you can scroll the screen as needed or lower the keyboard.

Roadtrekkin RV Adventures said...

I've had this issue (to a lesser degree) on my Ipod Touch. It all depends on the Web page design it seems...

Me said...

Yes, I would like to know how your experience with HTC Touch diamond turns out to be compared to the experience with Instinct after you use the Touch Diamond for a week or two.

Roadtrekkin RV Adventures said...

Sprint are giving it to me for 30 days before I have to return the Instinct, and I'll be happy to post my thoughts on it. After my experience with the Instinct, 2 cups and a length of string would look good...

GregSJ said...

dentpuzz
I am hoping to upgrade my instinct to a diamond and just pay the price difference. Were you able to accomplish this? And if so how?

Search in Older Posts