Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sprint Samsung Instinct MR-3 Update now live - Browser update and other fixes

Sprint Samsung Instinct phone's MR-3 Update now live. Here are the details according to the baw forum post by Sprint Admin team:

"The validation testing has concluded and the files are posted in production. Customers will be able to pull down BH29 starting now. Additional communication will be provided tomorrow.

Instinct firmware BH29 includes the resolution of 249 tickets open since the previous public firmware release, BF30. The release also marks the first public release of the updated Instinct Web Browser, version 1.1. The new browser is based on an entirely new codebase and brings an 10x improvement to rendering speed, most noticeable in the areas of pan/zoom/resize functionality.


New browser features include:

* VC [voice command] Button -> Hide/show controls; browser controls can be hidden to provide more screen to webpage display

* Favorites enhancements -> Improvements to favorites UI allows for sticky mode lock

* 34 other web browser tickets resolved

Instinct Admin Team"

7 comments:

Roadtrekkin RV Adventures said...

Came just to late for me. I just moved my number over to the new phone...

Roadtrekkin RV Adventures said...

from what im reading on the forum, people are happy with the upgrade so far. People are reporting improvements in sprint tv, etc...

it's just a shame they didnt fix it a month ago.

GregSJ said...

eh. It's better but the browser is still just mediocre. I really wanted portrait view for one handed browsing. I am happy that I will soon be trading my Instinct for a touch.

Anonymous said...

The update destroyed the browser on my phone. If I try to open the browser, it dials an unknown number, if you end the call it then locks up the phone.

Dennis said...

I haven't gotten to test the browser much but I still can't log into my blogspot page on it. It doesn't say to enable cookies and java as it did before, even though they were, but now it keeps saying "leaving a secure ares?". I hit 'yes' and it'll keep asking over and over. I hit 'no' and it'll ask a 2nd time, then going blank and doing nothing.

I give up on this browser, they should have scrapped it and focused on the LCDUI update so we can use opera mini.

Also, would be nice to see a changelog for this update. As of last night there wasn't one. How is it so complicated Sprint?

Roadtrekkin RV Adventures said...

Ok, well I've reactivated my Instinct so I can get the browser update before I do a compare between the Instinct and the Touch Diamond. I think i'll be keeping the Touch rather than the Instinct, but I hope to write a review of the Touch from an Instinct users point of view. I'll stick it up on instinctventing.blogspot.com when I'm done.

Me said...

Nice review on your blog. I am going to link to it in a new post.

Search in Older Posts